CROSS COUNTRY CANADA
INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
By signing this document you will assume certain risks.
Please read carefully.
Description of Risks
- This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the sport of cross-country skiing and the programs, activities and events of Cross Country Canada and Canadian Snowsports Association (hereinafter called CCC/CSA), Southern Ontario Division, hereinafter called the Division) and Trakkers Cross Country Ski Club, (hereinafter called Club) which include without limitation cross-country skiing competitions, camps, clinics, and related activities such as roller-skiing, road cycling, running and hiking (hereinafter called the Activities), the Participant (hereinafter called the Parties), acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
- The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of the Participant's participation in the Activities sanctioned by one or more of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the Activities, and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- training whether indoor or outdoor including strength training, running, hiking, and cycling;
- overusing, exerting and stretching various muscle groups and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- vigorous physical exertion, rapid movements and quick turns and stops;
- falling to the ground due to slips, trips or uneven, slippery or irregular terrain or surfaces;
- contact,collidingorbeingstruckbyskis,skipoles,equipment,trees, other individuals or other fixed objects;
- failing to participate within one's abilities, skill and within designated areas;
- becoming lost or separated from the group or the group becoming split up;
- failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- extremeweatherconditionswhichmayresultinfrostbite,hypothermia, snowstorms, sunstroke or lightning strikes,
- encounters with animals or plants including allergic reactions;
- travel to and from training, competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of Activities; and
- other risks normally associated with participation in the Activities.
- Furthermore, the Parties are aware:
- that injuries sustained may be severe, paralysing or fatal;
- that the Participant may experience anxiety or embarrassment while challenging themselves during the activities, events and programs of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club;
- that the risk of injury is reduced if the Participant follows all rules established for participation; and
- that the risk of injury increases as the Participant becomes fatigued.
In consideration of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club accepting the Participant's application for membership in the Club or allowing the Participant to participate, the Parties agree that CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club and its respective directors, officers, committee members, members, employees, volunteers, participants, agents and representatives are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by the Participant during, or as a result of, any of the Activities sanctioned by one or more of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club, caused by the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the Activities.
The Parties confirm that:
- the Participant's physical condition is sufficient to allow participation in the sport of cross-country skiing and the Activities, events and programs of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club;
- they have been provided sufficient information about Activities and the associated risks and hazards so that they are aware of the effect of this agreement;
- the Participant agrees to abide by the Rules and Regulations imposed by CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club, in association with the Activities, and to follow the instructions of the officials during the Activities; and
- they have read this agreement understand it, have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon the Parties, their heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.
In addition, the Parties:
- authorize CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club to collect and use personal information about the Parties which relates in any way to the Activities, including without limitation the publication of photographs in newsletters and promotional materials, and the posting of photographs, videos, articles, rosters, statistics, images and results on the CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club websites;
- grant permission to CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club to photograph and/or record the Parties image and/or voice, and to use this material to promote CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club through any form of and agree that the audio/visual material and copyright will remain the sole property of CCC/CSA, the Division and the Club and waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes; and
- understand that they may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting Cross Country Canada at 403-678-6791.
Cross Country Canada will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF NORDIC SKI INSTRUCTORS
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FOR THOSE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL SPORT, INCLUDING CROSS COUNTRY SKIING AND TELEMARK, HAS ITS RISKS
This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (“CANSI”), the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
CANSI, their directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, instructors, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the land or facility where programs, activities and events occur, and representatives (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, death, loss, expense or damage of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to cross country skiing and telemark including the possible risk of SEVERE OR FATAL INJURY. The risks and hazards of cross country skiing and telemark include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques;
- Dry-land training including weights, running, massage, stretching and other physical training;
- Failing to ski or race safely or within one’s abilities;
- Changing weather conditions and changes or variations in the ski surface;
- Colliding with the ski lift, trees, rocks or other objects, and other skiers, including those who may not be skiing or racing safely;
- Failing to remain within designated areas, including injuries from avalanche hazards;
- Physical contact with other participants including instructors whose role is to enhance safety and learning;
- Strenuous cardiovascular workouts in potentially extreme conditions that may result in hypothermia, dehydration or fatigue;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- Falls from the ski lift or due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Helicopter boarding, exiting, take-offs, landings or mechanical failure; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
Furthermore, I am aware that:
- I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities, events and programs;
- My risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; and
- My risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
In consideration of the Organization allowing me to be a Participant, I agree:
- To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
- To be solely responsible for any injury, death, loss, expense or damage that I might sustain while participating; and
- To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
I acknowledge that I have read this agreement, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.
*We do not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein.*