Love winter! Join us on a winter weekend getaway!
This coming winter, Trakkers offers a 2 night weekend trip for its members. In order to get in lots of skiing, we look for accommodations near ski resorts or ski trails. Ski or snowshoe rentals are available nearby. We are unable to coordinate transportation for these trips, so participants are responsible for their own transportation.
We have reserved 4 cottages at Blue Spruce Cottages for 2 nights on the February 10-12, 2023 weekend, for a total of 21 guests.
Blue Spruce Cottages are conveniently located just to the west of Algonquin Park (skiing, snowshoeing) and in close proximity to Arrowhead Provincial Park (skiing, snowshoeing, skating) and Huntsville (restaurants, shops). The resort also has their own well-groomed and track-set trail system, as well as an ice skating rink on the lake and a toboggan run. Ski or snowshoe rental is available at the Algonquin Outfitters (directly across the street) as well as at Arrowhead Provincial Park.
About the cottages:
We stay in well-kept cottages with a maximum of 6 people per cottage (eg. 3 bedrooms, two per bedroom, some with single beds for individuals).
- fully equipped kitchen in each cottage; propane BBQ outside
- nice living room area, with wood fireplace
- bedding and towels provided
- WiFi is available, but not the fastest
- Indoor recreation room with billiard table, table tennis, shuffleboard
- Bring your own breakfasts, lunches and suppers. Remember to bring appropriate snacks and water bottle to take with you on the trails